Wednesday, December 22, 2010

#23

#23 Safe Haven by Nicholas Sparks

For those of you who think all Nicholas Sparks books are pretty much the same, I say to you, "Yea...so?" If want an easy, Christmas break, lay around the house, feel-good-at-the-end kind of book, you've got the right author. Yes, you can predict the ending and yes the good guy wins, and yes I have another Sparks waiting for me on my bookshelf, but who says that's a bad thing? Not me friends.

Katie/Erin is attempting to begin a new life in Southport, North Carolina, after leaving an abusive husband. She changes her name, changes her look, and changes her home, but can't change the past. She must learn to trust again, love again, and not look back. There are one or two surprises along the way, so don't think Sparks won't give you a few "ah-ha" moments. I recommend this one if you are enjoying a holiday break like me. Lay on the couch, turn off the TV, and lose yourself in a "Safe Haven."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have a comment? Leave a comment!