Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Staples how do I love thee...let me count the ways...

Friends, I have been to the Promised Land! Staples is where it's at! I'm head over heels for new school supplies and I wanted to share a few that I found and LOVE!


Let me tell you...love at first sight people. This rotating caddy has it all. There are little cubbies, holders, spaces, and spots for just about everything on your desk. Could you get more organized? I think not! Maybe this will be the year I am totally and completely organized every day! (i know...i know...long shot) Did I mention it rotates? Yep. You can spin this baby around all day long! Wanna see how much it holds? Check it out!
The online price is $40 smackers, BUT I found it in the store for $25! Look out Stacy and Clinton! This could be the hottest accessory of the Fall!


No, this isn't a desk accessory, but would certainly go nicely with anything on your desk! This is the mama of pens. I was introduced to said utensil by a lady up at school and had to keep my hands in my lap to avoid snagging one off her desk. I don't know about you guys, but a nice pen is the definition of happy. I have lots of writing to do at work, and I want my handwriting to look nice and dark; I don't want my paper bled through, AND I want a pen that is not going to stop & start. Know what I mean? Ever used a gel pen? You know what I mean. It's too bad these pens don't come in every color in the rainbow, but blue and black will have to suffice. Oh! And the needle point tip is the best! Still writes darkly and doesn't do that scratchy thing on the paper that sends shivers up my spine.


I'm not sure enough can be said about the beauty of Post-Its. Now, they come in pretty! I actually already have this dispenser, but I wanted to share it with others. If you were to stop by my classroom, you may find a number of Post-Its stuck virtually everywhere. I love Post-Its and often use them for my To Do Lists that are recreated nearly every morning before the bell. I heart Post-Its!


Do you like to label stuff? Well, now you can! And you don't need to make a trip to the laminator in the office either! I have yet to purchase such a wonderful device, but maybe Santa will remember me this year. I would love it if all my files had the same sticker label, and would love it even more if I didn't have to hear my students ask, "What drawer has the scissors Mrs. M?" My DYMO would solve all my problems!

Well...there ya have it! My nerdiness is once again revealed! But I embraced it long ago and invite all of you to do the same! Enjoy Back-to-School shopping! And don't forget to pick something nice out for your desk. And if it becomes overwhelming, just push your easy button!

2 comments:

  1. The rotating caddy would be awesome! Unfortunately, I have 80 high schoolers that would spin it all day long! lol. Glad you found cool stuff!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i looooove the "desk apprentice" and want to try those pens (i totally trust your judgement on pens!) - and a label maker would be awesome too - we are so much alike :)

    ReplyDelete

Have a comment? Leave a comment!